The 7 Skills In Network Marketing
This post is all about the 7 skills you need to acquire, practice, and master if you want to have success in Network Marketing. Once you have learned these skills, building your business in Network Marketing becomes a whole lot simpler.
I share theses 7 skills because too many people over-complicate things like I did when I first got started. These 7 skills is all you need to learn and get really good at and then everything you want in life will be yours.
I know that in the beginning it might be a little uncomfortable for someone who is new in the game. Just want to let you know that it is ok and that it is normal and never give up.
Here are the 7 skills that you need to learn and developed for a network marketing business.
- Talking To People – A lot of people don’t think this is a skill…but it is. In order to find people you really have to get out of your house. It’s hard to meet new people if you’re hiding from the world. Get out there and have some fun, try a meetup groups to expand your network. You want to network on purpose.
- Give The Invite – Invite people to find out more about your product or opportunity…this is the “gateway” skill for Networking Marketing. If you aren’t successful in getting anybody to take a look, then we can guess what your future would look like in MLM.
- Presenting – You want to use the tools that your company has provided to do this… it can be a DVD, CD, website, etc.
- Follow-Up – Follow-up is doing what you said you would do. Run your business through a physical or electronic calendar. Be the person who does what they say they’re going to do. People will love you for that.
- New Distributors/Customers – You want to help your prospects become either new distributors or customers. The prospect is not going to come out and ask you for an application or an order form. It’s your job to give them guidance.
- Getting Them Started – In Network Marketing, people work so hard getting someone signup and leave their new distributor to figure out everything on their own…big mistake. The professionals do things differently, they set the expectation, help get quick results, and continue to give their new distributors guidance.
- Promoting Events – We are in the event business in Network Marketing. Promoting events will have a huge impact on the long-term. The best events to promote are the “destination” events. It is the one where most of the attendees travel to different city, stay at a hotel, and go to a conference or convention.
Treat this as you would with any other profession or competitive sport. It is a 3 year plan. Not something you just ‘try’ for 3 months. Anyone can become successful if they commit to learning and developing these skills until they get good at them. A really good book that I recommend reading is The GOPro Book by Eric Worre, read it and you will become unstoppable.
"If your are involved in Network Marketing, I'm proud of you." - Eric Worre